Monday, January 16, 2012

Who is Perfect?

It's really time for me to find what's important in my life! 

Is coming home and making everything spotless important?
Is trying to make my home Pottery Barn and Pinterest lookalikes important?
Is vacuuming the carpet every day important?
Is it really necessary to be so OCD about everything I do?

Well here it is... I've officially had enough of life. I am so caught up in making everything I own perfect, clean, and pristine that I am not enjoying my life. I'm 24 years old and the sad part about it is that I'd rather be home cleaning, reading, or searching for jobs instead of getting out and seeing the world. I'm to the point where I sit down to enjoy watching TV and notice a speck of dust and at that very instant, I must get up and clean it... which leads to cleaning EVERYTHING! 

I've spent endless hours looking on Pinterest, shopping on Etsy, and scouring over Pottery Barn catalogs that I just think my home needs to look exactly like this all the time... it's impossible unless I chop myself up in to 20 maids, a cook, a dog walker, and a teacher. 

IS ANYONE ELSE IN THIS WORLD HAVING THIS PROBLEM? How are you coping? Because my conquest for simplicity has led to more anal things-- Yes, I'm all about eating healthy and buying in bulk, but then those bags of flour, sugar, etc. just can't stay in those bags. NO! I have to go out and buy containers for the containers to go in. What is the necessity with needing to have a beautiful pantry? 

 In those moments when I get overwhelmed-- this little guy helps me calm down. We go for a walk and that USUALLY does the trick! 

No comments: