Thursday, August 4, 2011

Throwback to March 6, 2011-- Clark Creek Natural Area

I have a natural love for Clark Creek Natural Area. It brings the north to the south-- essentially. It is the only place I can go in Louisiana (well really in Mississippi) that has waterfalls. The trail is only 2.5 miles long, but by the time you diverge off of it, you've hiked to China. I could spend all day out there, but the way back to the car is the most strenuous-- it's entirely uphill and in Louisiana summer heat (118 degrees) it is quite miserable and even life threatening. I went on this trip with my ex-best friend. How ironic does it sound to say that!? Through trials and tribulations we stuck together ALWAYS, until I didn't show up for court and she threw me out of her life. 
Anyways, this particular trip, we decided to go early March and not much was blooming, the air was still crisp and enjoyable. The coolest part was the fact that, while we were hiking, I saw this familiar face. I must have stared for what felt like forever, only to realize it was an old boyfriend and friend from middle school! Because this was quite a while back, I don't have much to say, except that I will be going back before Autumn comes so that I can see all the greenery. 



No comments: