Thursday, August 4, 2011

Throwback to May 17-18, 2011-- Chicot State Park

I am an avid outdoors person, and when I say this, I am talking... hiking trails, canoeing, kayaking, biking, etc. I find nature simple and beautiful; however, once I see a snake, worm, or caterpillar-- I'm out! Creepy critters scare the bejesus out of me and I want nothing to do with them. Don't understand why I am always wanting a garden, yard, etc. 
However, a good friend of mine-- we will call her A-- invited me to come for a night to Chicot State Park  in Ville Platte, LA. The cabins were a thing of beauty!

We spent the entire 2 days collecting firewood for dinner, canoeing, hiking, and reading! I could live there year round! As soon as I got there, we hopped in a flat bottom boat and I set out to take literally 500 pictures! (IN 2 DAYS!!) Such simplicity-- phones had little signal, no computers were brought (only Nooks), and time was spent reconnecting with each other and Mother Earth. 








No comments: